Daft Question Number 1

I have a room measuring 12' X 12' Whats this in square metres? (Told you it was a daft question lol !!!)
T-L
Tamale-Loco wrote:

Daft answer to daft question:
12x12 = 144 sq ft x 0.0929 = 13.378 sq metres
Also go here http://joshmadison.net/software/convert/ for
a nice little conversion chart.
Brian G

Thanks for both the answer, but moreso the converter I just cant get my head around these metres etc ;-)
T-L
Tamale-Loco wrote:

Your welcome.
Brian G

The easiest way is to go into Google and enter "12 feet x 12 feet in square meters" (without the quotation marks) and you will get the answer - 13.378. It also works for currency and any other conversions.
The metric system was invented by the Froggies, basically to confuse us all. What's wrong with feet, yards, chains, rods. poles & perches, pounds, ounces, gallons and degrees Fahrenheit?
Our friends the Americans have never adopted the metric system and of course they must be right (except their gallon isn't the same as ours). Unfortunately metric/imperial conversion was one of the causes of the failure of one of the US missions to Mars.
The American date format is confusing - for instance 10/11/07 in the UK is 10th November 2007, but in the US, it's the 11th of October 2007. How many appointments have been missed or followed up too early by months because of this discrepancy?
I'm off now to get a life!
Terry D. (17/11/07)
Terry D wrote:

That's too easy!

As an 'old un' I've worked in imperial and metric - as a paradox, I find the millimetres, centimetres and metres easier to 'sort out' but still measure road distances in miles as kilometres are like 'black holes' and I simply hate gramms and hectares :-)
Now give me 'new' pence to work out anytime - "old" pence was just too complicated - 240 of the beggars to a pound!!

They partially use the metric system - but the've done that for years with the dollar.

Total agreement on that

Think I'll join you :-)
Brian G

Think daft question number 1 done to death. Ready for daft question number 2 now!

OK, as you asked for it ;-) Whats the best way to paint the wall behind a central heating radiator?
T-L

A. Remove the radiator.
or
B. Use a mini roller on a long handle. Also known as a rad roller.