cutting pipes - no space

more gravity fed shower fitting questions! I need to cut pipes to branch off to the shower but have very limited space, what's the professional's approach? the space in which to use a pipe cutter is about 1cm from other pipework that can't be moved and obviously I'm loath to pull the pipes about too much.
Also, I'm planning to branch off existing bathroom pipework, the instructions for a mira realm says cold must come from a cistern, I'm not sure if the cold is from mains or not, is that likely, or even something to worry about? It's certainly at higher pressure than the hot water.
lastly (ahem) anyone got experience with a waterford? I want a decent unit, but Mira's are too expensive.
Spat wrote:

If it has to be cut there, then a hacksaw/junior hacksaw/padsaw may do the job. If the pipe is accessible (at both ends) further away, it is sometimes easier to cut out a section of pipe, cut and solder in the joints that are needed and then join the section back in.

It sounds like your cold is on the mains supply. But why are you reading mira instructions if you think that they are too expensive and so, I assume, that you aren't going to buy one?
--
Sue

Palindr☻me wrote:

How about one of the flexible saw blades? Wrap it around the pipe and just pull it to and fro.
--
Bruce Fletcher
btinternetDOTcomATricardian

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 380&tsw368 which are used by many professionals.
They need a working clearance of 18mm / 22mm (15mm / 22mm sizes)so they may not suit your purpose unless you can gain an extra few millimetres of working room.
Cic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1047 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Cicero wrote:

one in anger but the plumbers working in the hospital where I work use them all the time. I had a play with one (a pipe cutter not the plumber) and they do seem very easy to use.
--
Malc

"You cannot do better than go by Dover or Calais"
Malc wrote:

Thanks for the replies, think I can do it with a hacksaw, was just worried about getitng a good 90 degree cut. The reason i was looking at mira instructions was just to see what generally was the procedure as i expect they're all pretty similar. Yes, the cold water is mains, so I guess I'm going to have to pipe cold from the header tank (22mm like the hot?). A pain as it's a good 5m from the bathroom.
"Spat" wrote:

Jigsaw with suitable blade?

Spat wrote:

Would a Dremel drill suffice?