Cutting a metal ladder to size

Hiya,
Just sharing the following tip/experience.
I needed to cut up a very old rusty metal ladder that had gotten itself stuck in a basement years ago (new developments made it impossible to move it out!).
Instead of sweating my thingies off with a manual metal saw, I bought an electric "everything saw" which has a wood and metal blade. It took 12 minutes to cut the ladder up. Magic. The saw only cost me 47 Euro (what's that, about 30 ?).
BTW, be careful with these saws, it feels and looks lethal... one slip and you'll cut your foot off ! ;-)

I know someone who found they'd done this with their piano in their living room, having done some alterations in the hallway. In the end, the piano got smashed up as it was worth less than the cost to get a large window taken out and a crane to lift the thing out.
--
Andrew Gabriel

My dad did the same thing to a piano when I was a kid (35 years ago). As an adult, who would quite like to have a piano around, I can't believe he butchered such a grand musical instrument... anyway, it's water under the bridge...<sigh>
PS. He did turn some of the wood into shelves... grrrrr....

What happened to piano-smashing competitions?
I think the modern equivalent should be photocopier-smashing.
-Pearson

If only I had 12 inches. John Bobbit's wife Lorena would have loved one
Adam