curtains - slightly off-topic

OK, I don't want to actually make my own curtains, can be arsed, but what I need are curtains made of quite a thick material - so many curtains these days are thin and let too much street lights through at night. What shops sell decent curtains?

Reply to
neutron

I got a decent pair not long ago from debamhams on sale in the blue cross sale. They were quite thick lined and do a good job of keeping the light out and of good quality too. It was a touch expensive but I really liked the curtains and couldn't find any others in smaller shops I liked to my size requirements and didn't fancy paying for alterations, added it up and would've cost more than the curtains I got in total. So I went for them.

Worth having a look in the highstreet stores I guess.

HTH

Reply to
souls

Ask around or look in local paper, shop window advert cards etc for curtain making people. They cost much less than you might think. Then find your ideal material in - er - a material shop. You'll get exactly what you want, at little or no extra cost (IMHE) - and they'll fit perfectly!

Reply to
Martin

Just get a black out roller blind as well, then you can have the curtains you want and sleep until lunchtime :-)

Steve

Reply to
stevej

Hi Group I had the same problem when I worked nights. The curtains were fairly thick but did not keep out the daylight. These curtains had plain separate backing material, I simply put black polytheen sheet in between the two. No light, less noise and kept the temperature down as well. I rescued the polytheen sheet from a builder's skip. All together now say "tight bastard" Alan

Reply to
Roberts

I work nights.

I have a black roller blind at my window plus a set of very dark blue curtains.

Perfect!

chas

Reply to
chas