Cracks on Wall - Builder or Surveyor??

I was looking at a Victorian terraced house which is for sale, and in the 2-storey extension, the extension being about 50+ years old, there are a number of external cracks visible. A couple around a window, and also on other parts of the upper external wall. The extension is rendered over.
I was wondering who would be the best person to tell me something about these. To tell me if they are just cracks on the rendering, or they are more serious.
Should I be enquiring with a surveyor (what type?), or a builder?

Or even a structural engineer. Did the internal walls also have the appearance of being filled over the positions of the cracking? Are the lintels and sills on the windows still sound and firm? Is the cracking mostly where the extension meets the main building? This is common on older properties.
Thanks!
No, I didn't notice any cracking on the internal walls.
No the cracks aren't where the extension meets the main building. They're more around the middle of the extension. About half way up the two storey extension, and half way across.

If there are no signs of the cracking having penetrated through to the internal skin, then it may just be slight settlement of the old extension, and hence nothing major to worry about. But it is necessary to get a full building survey done before a purchase anyway, so ask the surveyor to make sure they check the whole plot fully.