Crack free ceilings

Hi, has anyone got any tips or experience how to get Polycell Crack-free-ceilings (et al) to go on smoothly? I've tried brushes, pads and rollers, but always have brush marks or dimples, not good as new smooth as claimed. Paint spilled on ground is nice, but I can't spill it on the ceiling!!

thanks

Len

Reply to
Len

Hired spray gun and compressor.

Door needs to be shut and window open and masked. Why not Artex it with a flat finish, not textured/patterned?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Reply to
Part P

"Len" wrote;

Is this any help?

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Thanks folks for comments

Followed instructions as per manufacturer, and while the product is good in principle, while drying it won't relax to a perfectly smooth finish like 'ordinary' paint.

Annoying.

Len

Reply to
Len

Won't that just look like a flat bumpyish holey artex ceiling instead of a smooth painted plaster ceiling?

Reply to
Vodkajelly

No dear,as its like plastering,you mix it with water till it has a creamy consistancy and trowl it on.

The beauty about artex is, its flexible and moves with ceiling when pressure is put on it from the room above.

No more cracks showing. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Put George down Blonde!! :))

Reply to
EricP

What?!!! We're just talking artex!

Reply to
Vodkajelly

Yes, but you've just stood him on his head in the corner!!!

Reply to
EricP

Be quiet old man,I know all about filling cracks in. :-P

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Fat arse :-)

Reply to
Vodkajelly

So you think I was right maybe and he was W R O N G? :-)

Reply to
Vodkajelly

There's a video link on the page.

The3rd Earl Of Derby