Crack free ceilings

Hi, has anyone got any tips or experience how to get Polycell Crack-free-ceilings (et al) to go on smoothly? I've tried brushes, pads and rollers, but always have brush marks or dimples, not good as new smooth as claimed. Paint spilled on ground is nice, but I can't spill it on the ceiling!!
thanks
Len
Len wrote:

Hired spray gun and compressor.
Door needs to be shut and window open and masked. Why not Artex it with a flat finish, not textured/patterned?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Won't that just look like a flat bumpyish holey artex ceiling instead of a smooth painted plaster ceiling?
Vodkajelly wrote:

No dear,as its like plastering,you mix it with water till it has a creamy consistancy and trowl it on.
The beauty about artex is, its flexible and moves with ceiling when pressure is put on it from the room above.
No more cracks showing. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

:))
EricP wrote:

What?!!! We're just talking artex!

EricP wrote:

Be quiet old man,I know all about filling cracks in. :-P
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Fat arse :-)
EricP wrote:

So you think I was right maybe and he was W R O N G? :-)

"Len" wrote;

Is this any help?
<http://www.polycell.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/POLUK/Help/Jsp/Help.do?currentPage=tipctd&contentPage tail.jsp&tipIdx20&SITE_ID=PC>
Thanks folks for comments
Followed instructions as per manufacturer, and while the product is good in principle, while drying it won't relax to a perfectly smooth finish like 'ordinary' paint.
Annoying.
Len

There's a video link on the page. http://www.polycell.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/POLUK/New/Jsp/New.jsp
--