Coving cracks

Whats the best way to hide the cracks where the Coving joins together? I haven't tried it yet but do you think thin sellotape over the join then painting over it will work or is there a better idea that anyone knows of?
Fred wrote:

If it's plaster use Polyfilla or decorators caulking. Sellotape will peel off either as soon as you put paint on it or a year or so later when it goes dry and brittle. If you've got polystyrene coving I would use a flexible sealant although when I put some up in my first house I just used Polyfilla and it didn't show too much.
--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."

dig the joint out a little first into a 'v'. I use the end of a stanley knife blade and sand down the rough edge of the paper covering. Then fill, it wont be seen if you take care.

I wouldn't use caulk in this situation, just personal preference.
HTH
John