covering dark gloss query

All,

Any tips on best way to cover dark blue gloss and turn back to white. Its on all woodwork in hall and landing - inc 7 tricky door frames - so stripping isn;t an option.

I recently used 'undercoat emulsion' which was fantastic stuff - does a similar thing exist for gloss?

Or do I just have to cover it with std quick drying undercoat - a few times possobly?

atb

Dr D

Reply to
drd

Fistly give it a good sanding - to ensure your new paint sticks. Then use a one-coat gloss or satinwood white paint (e.g. Crown Solo, B&Q one coat gloss). Going over a dark colour you may not get complete cover in one coat, but it will definately be gone in two.

diypaint