Cost of gas & electricity certificate for renting

I have a property that I will rent in the new year, I understand I require to have a safety certificate (not sure of name) for both gas and electricity. What is the cost of getting these certificates assuming all is in order, and I assume they have to be done yearly.
thanks

Do you mean you will rent it from a landlord or you will be the landlord? If the latter you need (legally) to get a CORGI engineer to issue you, and the tenant, with a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate on a yearly basis. I have a guy that does this for 40 per property for up to 2 appliances per property and a further 10 per additional appliance. There isn't (as yet) a legal requirement to have the electrics checked, although I have had mine done as part of the 'buying process', so all properties have at least a 4 year 'Bill Of Health' on them. If on the other hand you will be a tenant then no cost to you but the landlord MUST do it. I ask all my tenants to put the due test date in their diaries, calendars etc. so they can remind me if necessary. So far they haven't had to as I am very methodical in my personal reminders!!
HTH
John
I will be the landlord, I have been quoted (tonight) 150 for the electrical. Waiting on quote for gas. I am in Scotland in case that makes a difference.

150!!! I though 50 inclusive VAT was a lot in Wales.

Tell him to stick his quote / bill / estimate where the sun don't shine! I got my properties electrically 'health checked' for 50 each (Yorkshire). One property needed a new consumer unit to be brought up to RCD standards and that only cost me 200 including the check and certificate!
As I previously said, you do not LEGALLY need an electrical test but you my want to for your own piece of mind!
HTH
John

Oddly enough we charge 150 for a PIR report. I would also give a 10 year date to the next inspection. As pointed out there is no law saying you need an PIR to rent but should the installation be unsafe you may find yourself liable if someone is injured due to a dodgy install.
40 to 50 seems about right for a gas landlords ticket. This must be done annually (as pointed out by others)
Adam Adam

150 for a typical 2/3 bed house that is! The community centre with over 60 rooms was a little more.
Adam

150 !!!! Where part of the country are you in?

England.
How long does it take to do a PIR and fill the paperwork in? Try 3 hours+ and then add on travel costs, advertising, insurance, test equipment, the cost of joining a group (NICEIC in my case) that allows you to issue certificates and 150 is very resonable. And I forgot the VAT on top of the 150.
What did you get for 50 +VAT? Certainly not a proper PIR. My call out fee is 40 for the first hour or part of the hour when there is no paperwork involved.
Where do you live? Certainly not in the real world.
Adam

Come off it. You are overcharging. I bet you do the inspection then give the client a list of about 1000 work that needs to be done before they actually get a copy of a valid certificate.
Last year I paid 70 plus VAT. This year I shopped around and found three different legit companies doing the inspections for between 50 and 70. In Swansea.

I would be bankrupt if I charged 15 an hour and did not take running costs into account.
Adam