Corroded terminals

Anyone know what chemical I could use to clean off calculator terminals that have got corroded by having flat batteries left in for too long?
Elbow grease !!
On Monday, 4 June 2012 17:33:47 UTC+1, Illuminated wrote:

You may well be right!

I've just used lemon juice on some corroded torch terminals and it worked well, still a bit discoloured but ok. I soaked then cleaned with a tooth brush but you probably don't want to be soaking the calculator. Smeared a little silicone grease on them to prevent a repeat but vaseline would be ok if you don't have any.
uk.d-i-y is another good group for this kind of thing.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
On Thursday, 7 June 2012 10:11:13 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes, no doubt it will

I wouldn't bother. Bin it and get a new scientific calculator from thr Pound Shop. I wont tell you how much they are!

On Tuesday, 12 June 2012 08:38:33 UTC+1, Bill wrote:

Ah, but this is a museum piece. I shall keep it even if I can't make it work.