Corroded terminals

Anyone know what chemical I could use to clean off calculator terminals that have got corroded by having flat batteries left in for too long?

Reply to
cryptogram

Elbow grease !!

Reply to
Illuminated

In article , cryptogram writes

I've just used lemon juice on some corroded torch terminals and it worked well, still a bit discoloured but ok. I soaked then cleaned with a tooth brush but you probably don't want to be soaking the calculator. Smeared a little silicone grease on them to prevent a repeat but vaseline would be ok if you don't have any.

uk.d-i-y is another good group for this kind of thing.

Reply to
fred

Alcaline or ordinary dry ones? I think the worst are ordinary dry cells as they tend to be acid and eat them away, so cleaning might leave you with a big hole. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I wouldn't bother. Bin it and get a new scientific calculator from thr Pound Shop. I wont tell you how much they are!

Reply to
Bill

Ah, but this is a museum piece. I shall keep it even if I can't make it work.

Reply to
cryptogram

Can't remember. Probably, because it's so old, ordinary dry ones.

Yes, no doubt it will

Reply to
cryptogram

You may well be right!