Correct position of Carbon Monoxide Alarm

One of the places the manufacturer advices not to use is 'near an appliance' The most convenient place is next to my wall mounted gas boiler.Seems logical to me, to have it near the source of the possible leak Any advice please Blair
Blair wrote:

If the manufacturer advice not to use is 'near an appliance then don't do it.
--
zaax

In UK recommendation is to be not nearer than 1.8m to a fossil fuelled appliance.
This is so you are not plagued by nuisance alarms.

That makes sense but in my case the appliance is a gas boiler so that should be all right Blair

Is Natural gas not a fossil fuel ?
Gio

I suppose it is! I am going to try it and see if it goes off prematurely Blair