Copper pipes in concrete

Hi, I believe that copper pipes cannot be laid in concrete floors anymore. Is this the case? I can see plenty of evidence of failures due to it being done in the past. Also have found plenty of messages saying it is not allowed. However, can't find anything to back up the claims. Is there a building reg or something that can be quoted? A link would be good. My builders / plumber (CORGI registered) are about to put some piping in before a new concrete floor is poured and I want to make sure it is done right. The pipes are central heating pipes to rads and a gas feed. The copper gas pipe is already in and has been covered with a sort of hessian bag.
Many thanks
"IED" wrote:

The building control officer at your local council will be able to advise.

The BCO bloke won`t have a clue im afraid, nothing to do with him, its the local water company who enforce the relevant rules..
The Water Regulations allow the flow & return heating pipes from a sealed central heating system to be within the concrete floor if you wish, so if you`ve a combi you are OK. The regs stipulate that they must be removable by the use of "hand tools".
Gas is OK in the floor AFAIK, but wrap the pipe first.
The Regs can be found (but not neccasarily understood !) here
www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/stat.htm
Richard www.fullflow-plumbing.co.uk
I thought barrier pipe was the thing to use? The plastic bendy stuff now available through most DIY store etc. Google barrier pipe and check it out. Andy

You can get rolls of plastic piping within plastic piping for concreting in floors, this is the best way in practise & can be used on sealed (combi) systems or traditional open vented to comply with the Regs, but for combi`s you can just concrete the pipe in the floor & comply.
Richard www.fullflow-plumbing.co.uk

It should be done in Kuterlex. Google for more info.
mark