conventional boiler installation cost?

We need to get a new boiler fitted to our gas central heating system. We have had a few companies around to price up. Its not a combi just normal pumped system with storage tank upstairs. To remove old boiler, supply and fit new Worcester bosch condensing ( apparently has to be due to new regs) , fit new electronic timer control. We have had quotes around 1750 . Is this around the correct price. Some of the companies kept going on about having to pressure wash the entire system etc, do we definitely need this or are they just adding extras? I live in Ellesmere Port area of Wirral if anybody knows any reputable companies which i should try. Any advice given much appreciated.
Daz
dbroms wrote:

place and decided to get a new boiler (Glowworm micron FF60) at the same time. This job involved reworking gas and water pipes within the same room, I did the electrical moves myself. I got the job done for 1000 which included the boiler and the work. I didn't have a pressure wash and don't know whether the extra 750 is for that - but it seems high
thanks for the reply, i have looked around at the prices for boilers,controllers etc. I think i could probably buy all the parts for about 1000 so 750 for 1 days work? hmm does feel a little expensive so i will continue to shop around.
cheers
Daz
message

We had British Gas do ours 1320 inc Power Flush and all new Valves 8 Thermal types.
Mark
To give you a idea, ask british gas to give you a quote they are about 500 to a 1000 over most gas fitters. I have just had my boiler and multi point replaced with a combi and 2 extra radiators fitted and the system flushed for just under 3000 by a local gas shop. BG quote 3500 with 1 years free service. It also depends on the boiler size, mine was for 16 radiators and 2 bathrooms. Don't forget if you get a local gas fitter you need to get is Corgi Registration number and he should also inform Corgi you will need this if you come to sell your house. Mike

Firstly, consider getting your current conventional boiler repaired until condensing technology has improved in 2 - 3 years time. If you do go for a condensing boiler, beware of the plume to ensure that it's not a nuisance. I didn't realise that the 'plume' or 'steam' that is ejected from the terminal would be quite so bad!! Looks like we are going out to sea sometimes..... I paid 1900 for a Bosch condensing combination boiler which took about 1.5 days to remove old / install new with new stat / stat cable laid under the floor. Some places quoted 2000+. I live in the London area. Good luck! Cheers, Will.

Might be worth reading this
http://www.muswell-hill.com/foxandco/pages/condensingboilers.htm#GOVERNMENT%20TO%20SCRAP%20INEFFICIENT%20BOILERS