Conservatory roof replacement

Hi Is it possible to replace a conservatory roof. The conservatory gets far too hot in the summer, it doesn't get too cold in winter though. It is south facing, we are on the south coast, so warm here in the summer. It was here when we moved in , probably about 12 years old. Victorian design, dwarf wall.
Thanks
Sheila
"doobydoobydo" wrote:

What you describe is a feature of conservatories. As far as I know, a new roof will not make any difference to the summer heat problem. Some people fit blinds to exclude direct sunlight but I don't know whether they have much effect on the temperature inside the conservatory, they may just reduce the glare of the sun.
Curious wrote:

Assuming your original roof panels are clear and are polycarbonate, you can replace them with an opaque or bronze finish which will reduce direct heat from the sun. But caution.! roof panels of that age are likely to be 16mm, most modern types are either 25 or 32mm. Also because of age, it is highly likely that the beadings which hold the panels in will be damaged by removal so make sure they can strill be obtained. (unlikely) A roof vent and blinds would be the most suitable answer IMHO.
--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.