Condensing boiler question

Rambling round the Cheltenham B&Q today I noticed they were selling a Ravenheat condensing boiler for only £450. But on the B&Q blurb it said something about it being for CH only. I think on the box it said HE Primary. All the other boilers they were flogging were combis and I don't want a combi. So off I went to the Gloucester B & Q where they sell the same model but with no mention of being CH only. The Ravenheat site doesn't list a HE Primary but does list a CSI Primary which does do CH & HW. So is this just B&Q stupidity or mine?

I worked for Pottertons back in the 80s so my knowledge of condensing boilers is a bit sketchy as they were only just coming onto the market then. Condensing boilers should be able to do HW shouldn't they?

Reply to
Malc

I can only tell you that the Ravenheat that was here caused me nothing but trouble. The local plumber/heating guy described them as the Lada of the boiler world. I know what he meant. I had to replace it in the end (only two years old) and now have a Vaillant.

Reply to
nobody760

Did you buy it in the end? Tro?

Reply to