condensation problem

Hi
Just installed new bathroom suite without any major problems apart from one thing The cistern above the new toilet is developing condensation on the outside of the tank and leaking onto the newly fitted floor ..... Can anyone advise how i can resolve this .I can only assume that water is to cold ? the old toilet had a plastic cistern where as the newly fitted one is ceramic not sure if that has any releavance or not
Many thanks Gary >:o)
Have had the same problem myself, hopefully putting in the extractor fan i've purchased will do the trick. Palindrme offered some useful suggestions.....Sue....are you there again :-). The problem is the water droplets from the hot water (condensation) hitting the cold surface of the cistern, so you've either got to get rid of the droplets (extract) or warm the cistern. Hopefully the first option will work. Oh and by the way, building regs.......you are apparently supposed to have a timed extractor fan fitted with an isolating switch outside your bathroom.....pah..
Eric :-)

. Oh and by the way,

Doesn't my main switch at the distribution board count as a switch outside the bathroom? :-)
I wonder if plunbing the cistern to the hot supply would cure the condensation problem? TonyB
I think this would cause a lot of problems. The hot water would cool overnight, also giving the possibility of thermal shock smashing the lot.

decided to change my bathroom and instal back to the wall toilet pan within hidden cistern, and a countertop basin. In this case the cistern is hidden. but even then has a moulded expanded polystytrene jacket to stop this problem....as well as the obligatory 3 ceiling mount fans to remove the high humidity...something I am afraid that you cannot avoid in bathrooms.