Concrete saw

Anyone had any experience/got any advice about cutting a channel through a concrete floor (about 4 inches thick) using a Stihl Saw with a diamond blade?

Advice: just cut the concrete, nothing else (power cable, toes, fingers, your leg...). Also wear eye protection... you can't dodge microscopic razor-sharp particles flying at your face at 300 MPH..

Thank you, all very valuable I'm sure - but not quite what I had in mind!

from my experience using one to do the very same job and cutting paving slabs, one thing i noticed is to let the saw do the work! dont put a lot of pressure on the blade hold it firm but not rigid

Another piece of safety advice: wear EAR protection too. These saws emit as many decibels as a 747 passing overhead. You'll keep your cool better if your ears aren't overwhelmed, and that's *much* safer. You should be concentrating totally on the cutting, and on keeping sure that the blade can't jump out of the groove and cut you... ideally you would block out all sound so that you just deal with visual input and vibration.

Good advice - cheers.