Concrete garage

Hi Group, Any one know how to drill into the above. Want to put shelves up. Would an s.d.s. help. Oh yes the garage is sectional.

Kind Regards

Mick. Leeds U.K

Reply to
Micky Savage

SDS should do the trick, went into my concrete fenceposts OK.

Reply to
~Brian~

If you know the manufacturer, eg there is a label on it somewhere, it may be best to ask their advice. If only, where to drill to avoid the steel reinforcements that may be in the sections. Or try and find them with a detector.

Other than that, AFAAIK, an electro-pneumatic hammer drill and a good quality bit will do the job - that they are going to be SDS is incidental.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

In the one we had twenty years back, the panels were bolted together and I'm pretty sure there was a shelving system that could be attached to the bolts.

Personally, I'd prefer to install free standing shelves to drilling into the garage.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Yes an sds drill will do the job ok. Personally I would line with plywood , and attach shelves to that. You may even have a piece of wood to attach to at the top of the panels, once fixed at the top gravity and maybe some glue will hold the rest from flapping about.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

An SDS drill will tend to make rather a large exit hole in my experience when used on a concrete garage, that's if you drill right through of course. On my prefabricated concrete garage if I drill right through the thinner parts of the concrete pieces that make the garage then there tends to be a 2" or so diameter crater where the drill emerges.

Reply to
tinnews