computer room flooring

I have recently had all of my 1960's upstairs floorboards in my semi overlaid with laminate flooring. I use one small room as an office/computer room, and in there I have an "executive" chair on five rollers.

To prevent damage to my newish laminate floor, I put down a piece of 1970's DIY double-glazing sheet (1m x 1m x 2 mm thick) which I had on hand, and which has been fine until now, but it's breaking up through use so it will soon have to be discarded.

Can anybody recommend something suitable as a floor covering to protect my laminate floor? I definitely don't want carpeting, as fuzz in a computer area is not on.

I have seen plastic carpet things for sale in e.g. Office world, but they have pointy bits on the bottom so they can sit on top of carpets. I just want a 1 metre x 1 metre piece of something to sit on my laminate so I can wheel about in my "executive" chair.

I looked on one website and they were charging £84 for a piece of plastic the size I'm looking for!

All suggestions welcome for some way to solve my problem less expensively.

someone

Reply to
someone

A piece of sheet vinyl flooring?

Reply to
DIY

Hi, FWIW, Iv'e had cheapo laminate flooring in the same situation for over four years now, weigh over 20 stone and regularly trundle twix pc, fax and scanner all day and not a mark. If it's reasonably good quality laminate it shouldn't be a problem IMHO.

Reply to
Frosty

Had the same problem with the wooden flooring just put down in the kids playroom where they have 2 chairs on 5 rollers. IKEA do a pack of 5 rollers for wooden flooring for 6 quid a pack and they work a treat as they have a rubber like material on each caster.

The IKEA product is PARAGRAF although doesn't seem to be searchable on their website but is in the same isle in IKEA as their castor based chairs.

HTH

Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Simpson

I bought some cheap vinyl from carpet right (wood laminate design) which looks identical to my laminate flooring. You can hardly notice the 1.5 x

1.5 piece i put down under my chair as it blends in so well
Reply to
Mike