Combination boilers with room thermostats and TRVs ?

I have recently moved into a property with a new (less than 6 months) central heating system and a Baxi Combi 105HE boiler. TRVs are fitted throughout, but although an aged room thermostat (presumably from the previous system) is fitted it is not connected.
The Baxi will accept a room thermostat, so is its ommission likely to be due to the TRVs, a decision by the installer just not to connect it or another reason ?
Microbe
with trv,s you dont need a stat

Although since April 2002, you do need some type of interlock which prevents the boiler firing up and keeping the primary water circuit hot when there's no demand for heating. That's usually done by a stat, but can be done with flow sensors with appropriate plumbing modifications.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

I believe that part L of the building regs apply (ie give details on the April 2002 changes)
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id30727
It is however very common for combi installers to just fit TRVs on all the rads (even on new builds that will have a NHBC certificate).
Typical comments from these plumbers (installers) when I am first fixing the electrics on a new build and ask them where they want the thermostat (or thermostats if the house require zoning) are
1. It's a modulating boiler so no need for a stat. 2. What is zoning? 3. Are you trying to tell me my job? 4. F*** off 5. Come back when you can do better than me
The usual questions when the BCO or NHBC have knocked the installation (which is not very often) is
How much to to put a thermostat in? A wireless one will do as the builder will make me pay to make good any plaster damage and decorating.
Adam

Don't you just love these people who top post.....!
I had a Baxi 105HE combi fitted last November. Brilliant boiler.
The corgi man informed me that all new installations of central heating boilers had to have a roomstat fitted and the best place to fit it was in the hallway. Coldest place in most houses.
A friend has just had one of the ugliest boilers I have ever seen fitted, a Vokera HE
-- the_constructor