Combi boiler pressure problem..

We have a combi boiler in the garage that does the central heating and the hot water, usually the pressure is about 1.2 to 2.0 on the dial, its up at just over 3.0 at the moment, does anyone know how to reduce the pressure in the system ? We have like a flexible filler loop pipe on it that we use to increase the pressure if needed by turning a tap for a few seconds but have no way of reducing it! any help appreciated
you could try empty the system a liuttle bit by way of the drain cock

Becky wrote:

bleed a radiator?

You need to find out why the pressure is so high.
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
suggests the expasion vessel may be faulty.
If you have just overfilled then bleed some water out of a radiator.
Adam

I had the same problem last week. It turns out there was dirt caught in the filling valve. When the filling loop was removed there was a constant drip which was fixed by flushing the loop through into a bucket.