Combi boiler

Hot water ok but rads won't come on, no flashing warning lights, pressure fine, any ideas please?
On 29/06/2011 11:51, H.J. wrote:

Possibly pump failure. Possibly air in rads.
On 29/06/2011 12:04, Bod wrote:

It's also quite common that the pump will stick if the heating hasn't been used for a while.

If it was the pump then the boiler would still fire, get hot and then the boilers internal thermostat would cause a boiler trip out and a fault code.
I would be looking at any external controls such as a programmer or thermostat for a failure.
--
Adam

On 29/06/2011 18:00, ARWadsworth wrote:

Diverter valve stuck?
Andy
On 29/06/2011 20:34, Andy Champ wrote:

Thanks lads most of that was over my head, but , I never use the timer, just the main rad/water switch. I was just turning the timer hoping against hope, and the small switch I/O on the timer just dropped down on it's own, I put it back up and the boiler fired up. but the switch did't feel right , there was no click, So sounds like a faulty switch on the timer. Thanks lads

Where do you live? Most of the UK have not needed CH for the last week?
--
Adam

It's better than finding out it's busted during a cold snap and spend a freezing week trying to get it fixed....! That happened to me a few years ago.

Agreed. It's not a bad idea to run your c/h a few times during the summer. Stops things seizing/jamming up.
Partac wrote:

My Worcester Bosch combi operates the pump for a short time automatically on a regular basis to avoid this.
--
Kev