Combi Boiler ?

I have a Combi Boiler in the house now, 4 years, was in the loft today and was wondering if I can remove the old boiler tank and all the pipework that's in the loft? I know the combi works on heating the water straight off the main supply but don't want to go cutting pipes in the loft that may be in use. Bathroom is downstairs, no water supplied to anywhere upstairs if that helps.
TIA
Redman
-- "Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

The old boiler tank would have had 3 pipes. Mains pressure cold water in (to the ball cock), a feed to the old boiler (the pipe at the bottom) and an overflow pipe. If the mains cold has been capped (ie the plumbers have not just tied the ballcock up) then feel free to remove the tank. Lazy bloody plumbers.
Adam

and
be
if
Tell me about it m8, the guy that installed my combi was the biggest p***k I've ever met, promised me this promised me that, what a tosser, I had to threaten to take him to court if he didn't provide what he and his advert said they would, I'll never use him again and when people ask me for a recommendation he's top of the list for avoiding like the plague.
Redman

Did you get rid of the tank?
Adam

pipework