Colouring a concrete path

We have a 50 foot long concrete path which is generally sound but looks a bit tired and has a couple of repaired breaks in it where pipes etc have been laid underneath. Can it be painted or coloured in some way to brighten it up? I've seen council workmen "painting" pavements but they were tarmac, not concrete. Any ideas? I'd rather not take it up and redo it as there is a lot of it!
Thanks for and tips, advice etc.
Bob
cornwall wrote:

Sorry, IMHO, better to redo it with colour additives in the mix. That job will only need to be done once and will last for "ever". Anything else will need redoing at regular intervals and will stop you using a power hose to get the dirt and moss off..
--
Sue

cornwall wrote:

Bob,
You could use something like garage floor or tennis court paint:
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/Coatings/Floor_Paint_Coatings/ [1]
But you will probably have to give this regular maintenance to keep it looking good.
[1] If that's not what you want, type -- garage floor paint -- or -- concrete floor paint -- into google's advanced search.
Brian G
cornwall wrote:

Thanks for the advice Palindrome and BRG. I'll have to think long and hard about this one!
Bob