coin/button cell batteries

Is there any difference between the brands i.e. Maxell, Sony, Energizer etc.?
In my experience the big brand names are pretty much the same and all very good.
Don't be suckered into the card or cheap generic ones you see on eBay. I did and found that they lasted around one month in my wife's watch. Binned them and bought a Maxell which is still going strong and I expect to last for a couple of years at least.
Cheers,
Nigel