clothes rail

I have spent today in search of an extendable rod to go across a cupboard so I can hang coathangers on it. Nowhere seems to sell them! I tried Ikea, Argos, Homebase, B&Q and a few other places, none have them! Any suggestions?
Marvin wrote:

A market stall,they sell extendable poles for washing the outside windows.
A fishing tackle shop sell extendable landing net poles.
Both can be cut down for the fitting. ;-)
Or pop into Aldi they had extendable curtain rods which would be ideal for your wardy. Just pull the nobs off the ends.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Marvin wrote:

Here's your cake for today. ;-)
Watch the word wrap? http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId 33034&ts263
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

B&Q sell rails that can be cut to length as well as the fixings at either end. If it's more than 1m long you should also use a support in the middle. Similar to the rails on the screwfix page at the bottom.
Mike
Mike wrote:

Thanks guys. It's 121cm long.
Marvin wrote:

If a lady (or fashion concious man) is going to use it I would add a support in the middle.
Mike
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 18:33:11 GMT, Mike

If she's anything like mine it might be prudent to use an 'Acro' ;-))
Don.
Don Spumey wrote:

Big girl eh? ;-)
Mike