clothes rail

I have spent today in search of an extendable rod to go across a cupboard so I can hang coathangers on it. Nowhere seems to sell them! I tried Ikea, Argos, Homebase, B&Q and a few other places, none have them! Any suggestions?

Reply to
Marvin

A market stall,they sell extendable poles for washing the outside windows.

A fishing tackle shop sell extendable landing net poles.

Both can be cut down for the fitting. ;-)

Or pop into Aldi they had extendable curtain rods which would be ideal for your wardy. Just pull the nobs off the ends.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Here's your cake for today. ;-)

Watch the word wrap?

The3rd Earl Of Derby

B&Q sell rails that can be cut to length as well as the fixings at either end. If it's more than 1m long you should also use a support in the middle. Similar to the rails on the screwfix page at the bottom.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks guys. It's 121cm long.

Reply to
Marvin

If a lady (or fashion concious man) is going to use it I would add a support in the middle.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

If she's anything like mine it might be prudent to use an 'Acro' ;-))

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Big girl eh? ;-)