Closing off a 3/4" washing machine feed pipe

Quick question for you plumbing types....
I'm about to replace my 20 year old washing machine. It's hot and cold feed, whereas the new one will almost certainly be cold feed only. This means I'll have nothing to connect to the hot feed. It's a standard w/m feed pipe, with an inline shutoff valve (small plastic lever) and a 3/4" threaded end. I know in theory I ought to be able to just leave the valve shut off, but: a) I prefer a method which does NOT allow it to be accidentally knocked on and... b) In case the valve doesn't completely shut off (it hasnt been moved for 15 years to my knowledge) I want to stop up the pipe end.
All I'm looking for is a 3/4" threaded end cap, plastic or metal, to screw on to the end. Is there such a thing? My local Plumb Centre gave me a vacant look!
Mike

Old washing m/c hose, cut off and remove the nut, use the washer inside and find a suitable coin to fit it, mine has an old 5p piece in but I think a modern 10p may fit, failing that look in your bag of old foreign currency (everybody has one). Put the washer in the nut, then the coin, then screw it onto the valve.
HTH
John
John wrote:

about a year ago for exactly the same reason as you.
Patrick E. King wrote:

Long-established local hardware stores are often far better in terms of stock (particularly older bits of kit) and knowledge.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney