Close coupled suite

Should the cistern be fixed to the wall in all cases ?? A local plumber fitted the suite abt 18 months ago and now I find a leak has developed between the pan and cistern due to the movement of the pan/cistern when used..I have tightened the screws that bolt the pan/cistern together but after a while they leak again..I did notice that the fixing holes in the back of the cistern had not been used...
--

Thanks Ted

Yes the cistern should be fastened to the wall.
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

Thanks...Called the firm who installed it and spoke to the gaffer chap told him it was not fixed correctly and he is coming out tomorrow to see and fix it....
--
Regards
Ted Wager G3TPI

It will probably need a new doughnut washer between the pan and cistern once it's started leaking. They aren't reusable as they deform to the shape of the parts.
--
Andrew Gabriel