Close coupled suite

Should the cistern be fixed to the wall in all cases ?? A local plumber fitted the suite abt 18 months ago and now I find a leak has developed between the pan and cistern due to the movement of the pan/cistern when used..I have tightened the screws that bolt the pan/cistern together but after a while they leak again..I did notice that the fixing holes in the back of the cistern had not been used...

Reply to
Ted

Yes the cistern should be fastened to the wall.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks...Called the firm who installed it and spoke to the gaffer chap told him it was not fixed correctly and he is coming out tomorrow to see and fix it....

Reply to
Ted

It will probably need a new doughnut washer between the pan and cistern once it's started leaking. They aren't reusable as they deform to the shape of the parts.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel