cleaning smoke damage from marble

Hi
we have a white marble fireplace (original to house) and it has some yellow smoke damage. any ideas if its possible to clean it?
I don't want to remove it for fear of breaking it.
Mark

yellow
Lemon juice, but allow it to soak for an hour or so before wiping it down with a hot damp cloth. Lemon tile cleaner is also good for this type of job, but you do have to leave them on the surface for quite a while to let them cut the grime off. Then you should be able to wipe it off with hot damp clothes and a bucket (basin) of hot water.