Cleaning silicon off kitchen worktops

I have a few bits of dried in silicon left on my kitchen worktops around =

the sink and at the mitre joint, is there an easy way to clean it off?

TIA

--=20 =AE=D6=D0 Remove spamtrap to reply.

Reply to
Rod

I would try a piece of laminate which can be broken to leave a sharp edge, it should not scratch the surface.

Lubricate with Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner, keep scraping & squirting, changing the laminate when the sharp edge wears off.

Reply to
kitchenman

I used a window scraper, the kind with a Stanley knife blade sideways on as it were. Use a new blade, go steady and you won't damage anything. I also use the same implement for scraping the remains of gaskets off car parts, just in case that tip ever comes in handy.

Steve

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

not a good idea using metal tools on worktops, keeps me in work tough

Reply to
kitchenman