cleaning pvc roof

We have a roof of corrugated pvc (standard size ridges) between the house and the garage, it has a slope of about 1 in 15. The pvc gets very dirty with algae and or moss washed down off the main roof. I can power wash it after a rain shower when the dirt is softer but it never really gets right clean; I have even tried soaking it with various detergents and gently brushing it (access is not a problem). Does anyone know of a detergent that will clean off the algae (mainly green coloured) and keep the pvc clean for a year or two? Thank you

Reply to
Stewart

I have no personal experience of dealing with this problem but you could consider

DIY

Thank you, I have sent them an email asking if they have a suitable product

Reply to
Stewart

If you have a clean runaway - that is away from the garden - then a VERY dilute solution of Jeyes Fluid with a soft brush will shift it easy as anything.

Failing that a dilute path cleaner is also pretty good.

Whatever you do you won't get rid of it for long!

Reply to
Woody

I have Jeyes fluid in the garage so will try that first. Thanks to both

Reply to
Stewart

I have Jeyes fluid in the garage so will try that first. Thanks to both

Reply to
Stewart

Jeyes Fluid and all those disinfectants that go white when added to water are EXTREMELY toxic to cats, including when they wash their feet clean after walking in areas cleaned with it. Don't know about dogs. It's not a quick painless death either. So if you or your neighbours have animals.....

A L P

Reply to
A _L_ P

No cats or dogs here, just rabbits and I do not think they would climb onto roof.

Reply to
Stewart