Cleaning a washing machine

Can anyone recommend a way to clean the inside of my Bosch washing machine please? Years of use are starting to show, so I'd like to 'flush it out' if possible, but what with? TIA tim
I would ask this question to Bosch ... they will know best what chemicals will have the best effect. If you want to ignore this good advice, I'd gamble on vinegar... and see if it works (or destroys your machine).
Stick a dishwasher cleaner tablet in and run a HOT programme.
That's all I ever do.
Harder to clean is the gunge from behind the soap drawer.
chas
jan V wrote:

Thats the problem with low temp. washing. A couple of high (90?f) washings will help
zaax

What's wrong with Calgon tablets? Tried one on my old machine the otheer day (without any clothes or detergent) and was surprised at the amount of lather produced. Whether I can now wash a black shirt without getting hard water scum on it, I've yet to discover.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Calgon tablets are a big rip off. Unless you are in a very very hard water area. I've lived in two hard water areas and my first washing machine, a Servis Quartz was bought in 1983 and I only binned it last year. If I'd used Calgon tablets all that time the cost would have paid for several new washing machines.
As a one off for cleaning Calgon is only likely to remove limescale, should any exist, but it probably won't remove dirt. TonyB
Washing machines are self cleaning. If yours is dirty replace it.
| Can anyone recommend a way to clean the inside of my Bosch washing machine | please? Years of use are starting to show, so I'd like to 'flush it out' if | possible, but what with? | TIA | tim | |

not flushed out by normal wash-rinse cycles. we've used Sainsbury's dishwasher cleaner tablets & they did the trick.
Hayes do a guide on washing machines and where to clean the gunk out oif them (like the car guides).
Also you can get scale cleaning tablets which as they are I acidic (citric acid & detergent) will clean out other gunk too. Mine are called Aqua Softna and I got them in Sainsburys.

tim wrote:

Empty a box of normal washing soda in and set it on the hottest wash.
Dave
You can buy washing machine cleaner from the likes of TESCO.