cistern valve leak

Hi
New stop tap fitted with lead loc and now fitted where we wanted it but! , the water pressure seems higher (old tap may well have been blocked).
problem the side entry plastic cistern ball valve has a constant drip and the overflow leaks (duff washer) and we had a damp floor this morning!.
which valve type is better plastic or brass? i guess i need to replace it as even lifting it up it still weeps.
Mark
I just replaced a toilet cistern brass float valve and the new one leaks. I think it is a bad nozzle, the white plastic thing. I am going to have to get a replacement from Plumbase.
| Hi | | New stop tap fitted with lead loc and now fitted where we wanted it but! , | the water pressure seems higher (old tap may well have been blocked). | | problem the side entry plastic cistern ball valve has a constant drip and | the overflow leaks (duff washer) and we had a damp floor this morning!. | | which valve type is better plastic or brass? | i guess i need to replace it as even lifting it up it still weeps. | | Mark |
Talking about nozzles, does anyone know if they come in different sizes to take account of the water pressure, or if in fact they are available as a separate part. I can't find any references on the web.
|| Hi || || New stop tap fitted with lead loc and now fitted where we wanted it but! , || the water pressure seems higher (old tap may well have been blocked). || || problem the side entry plastic cistern ball valve has a constant drip and || the overflow leaks (duff washer) and we had a damp floor this morning!. || || which valve type is better plastic or brass? || i guess i need to replace it as even lifting it up it still weeps. || || Mark || | |

<snip>
screwfix refer to Withstands pressures 1.5 to 200psi www.screwfix.com search cistern valve
Mark
Do you know what the mains pressure is normally?
| > |I just replaced a toilet cistern brass float valve and the new one leaks. | I | > | think it is a bad nozzle, the white plastic thing. I am going to have to | > get | > | a replacement from Plumbase. | > | | > | | <snip> | > | > | | screwfix refer to Withstands pressures 1.5 to 200psi www.screwfix.com search | cistern valve | | Mark |

have