Circular Saw Blades

Ive been given a second hand B&D circular saw (which is OK for what I want) problem is the blade has a tooth bent back through hitting a nail. The blade is 160mm with a 16mm spindle hole. Does anyone know of a good site where I might get one of this size? Ive googled but seem to come up with every size except the size wanted!

Cheers Brian

Reply to
~Brian~

Product code 53095 1/4 of the way down the page.

You get a reduction ring to fit over your 16mm bore,plus your getting three blades for £8.50

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Don't Bother !!!!!

I've got 2 packs of their 184mm blades here unused and also 1 pack of screwfix's pro TCT blades. The problem is with the reduction rings - they either don't fit at all or slip when in use. While both toolstation and screwfix were more than happy to send replacement blades, toolstations were no better. In the end the 2nd replacement from screwfix worked but I'm still not comfortable using the saw.

After Im done with the current blade I'll be chucking my B&D saw away and getting a cheap saw that takes 'standard' blades.

HTH

Lard.

Reply to
Lardman

I don't understand? *Slip* they shouldn't slip because a 16mm reduction bore is not supposed to slip and its outer bore of 30mm the same.

Methinks you never tightend the retaining nut on the shaft properly.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

If you want the original blade,try here.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I had thought of this, but what would you call astandard blade? (sizewise)

Reply to
~Brian~

Cheers! sounds like just the thing I want!

Reply to
~Brian~

All 30mm's are not the same :-)

The tolerences that the blades are made to are just not good enough - the OD of the 16mm ring grips the 30mm bore by friction alone, when the ring passes straight through the blade without even touching the sides its never going to grip.. Theres little point in holding the reduction ring in place when the blade wont stay on the reduction ring. If you search back earlier in the year you'll see I posted about it at the time.

Lard.

Reply to
Lardman

Try