Chromed copper pipe to plain?

Can chromed copper tube be joined to plain copper tube using soldered joints?
I'm thinking of using it for the uprights to radiators to save painting.
Thanks
mark
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:38:50 +0100, Mark wrote:

=================================You could use a tube expander like this to open up the end of the chromed tube:
http://www.trades-direct.co.uk/modules/shop/products.asp?rangeid
You could then make a soldered joint but the chrome would probably be burned at the join.
These tube expanders are quite hard work but the finished joint is quite neat.
I've no experience of the particular company quoted in the link but I can't remember where I bought mine so a bit of 'googling' might be helpful.
Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

What about these? Also available in white from B&Q, Homebase etc. but I don't think I have seen chrome ones in the sheds.
HTH
John

Sand the chrome off where it goes into the soldered joint using fine sandpaper. Don't let sand get into the pipework.
The same applies for pushfit fittings and chrome -- sand the chrome off, or the pushfit fitting may not grip the pipe properly and come apart under pressure.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for the response guys. It was just a passing thought having spotted them as I was going through my Screwfix catalogue.
mark

i`ve been called out to and its held for the last six months or so, but id not try it myself.
Richard