Cheapest kitchen units?

Hi

I'm looking for about 2 metres (length) of kitchen wall and base units, where's the cheapest place to get them? Just bog-standard bargain stuff, it's only for sticking in a garage just to "hide" various tools and junk mess. Just carcasses would be fine, I can worry about doors later as long as they are standard size. Probably 2x1000 base units and 4x500mm wall units (roughly)?

I've looked at the usual places (B&Q, Homebase etc) just wondered if anyone has found anywhere cheaper? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
mentalguy2004

Freecycle. Post a wanted ad.

Reply to
On Web

That's exactly what I was about to suggest. I have some lovely oak doored units in my workshop :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I have reused pre-assembled units in my garage. Self-assembly units are designed to be assembled exactly once. I've seen very disappointing results when people think that will be able to take them out and reassemble them again (even back into the same place). In both cases, the whole lot was later ripped out again and replaced with new ones.

IKEA? I'm not up-to-date, but they were very good some years back.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

snip

They still are :-)

Reply to
Kate Morgan

Goto B&Q (or other kitchen place) and see if they have any damaged returned unit you could take off them for a nominal price. I got 3m of damaged kitchen worktop for £10 from B&Q many years ago for use in the garage. Damage was on front edge which ended up being part of a joint so was routed away before joining...

Reply to
Ian_m

Reminds me of trying to buy worktop from Wickes. At some point, the forklift at driven into the pile, wrecking the front edge of every piece in exactly the same place...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

As others have said, ikea is the cheapest it seems, thats where the kitchen for our bungalow is coming from, about 25 quid for a single size unit, complete with doors and drawer, but excluding knobs and feet, there are cheaper ones which are just a cupboard, i.e. no drawer,

Reply to
gazz