Changing colour of canvas - advice/help please

We've a pink awning covered in canvas which we'd like to re-colour to black. Yes, I know it'll probably turn green along the way, but does anyone know where I can get suitable paint? I've searched and hunted without success - unless you include the teeny, tiny pots of paint and suggestions on which oil to use when painting nudes. I thought yachting circles but it seems they all use nylon type sails these days. Any help greatly appreciated. Oh, and it has to be applied by brush...

Reply to
Harry

Black board paint. Oil for painting nudes, flesh.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Camouflage paint?

Cic. ================================================= Using Ubuntu Linux Windows shown the door =================================================

Reply to
Cicero

Probably the easiest and cheapest would be bitumastic paint. Despite the inferences in its name, it dries non-sticky.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Thanks all, this and/or the camoflauge paint seem ideal, brilliant suggestions and very much appreciated - not certain the bitumin would be flexible enough, I forgot to say that the awning gets folded away when not in use. Thanks again, a problem solved, finally!

Reply to
Harry

Actually, the bitumen paint is perfectly flexible. Don't run away with the idea that it's like laying a road! (The paint is *bitumastic*, by the way.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

That was down to my spellning. I'd go for bitumASTIC, no problem but have been advised (a.k.a. told) that either of the other two would be "better". She also said that now I had a clue I could "get on with it".....

Reply to
Harry