Change lock on front door

How do I remove the barrell from a door lock
I need to repalce the barrel as we have misplaced one of the keys.
This is a PVC door with built in bolt for secure locking.
I can remove the outer and inner handle and remove a screw which secures the barrell. The barrell comes loose but will not release.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sometimes you need to use the key to turn the inner lever to the closed position. Just put your key in as normal and turn it while pulling on the lock. It should come out then.

the

rubbish
Its a screw in the end of the door near the latch make sure you buy the right replacement lock they come in differeing lengths Screwfix stock a few of these.
--
Vass

Not so rubbish, the OP had mentioned that he had removed the securing screw.

the

DOH! read, read again, read once more then remark!! apols
--
Vass

No problem dude.
pwhel1 wrote:

Sounds like a Euro Cylinder Lock. Does it look like this? http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 0224&ts716&id516
If so, insert the key & turn to approx 30 degrees pulling as you do so.
Dave

You've removed the machine screw on the edge of the door, in line with the lower middle of the barrel yeah? At this point the barrel should feel loose but won't come out.

Insert the key and turn from the normal 6 o'clock position to either 5 or 7 o'clock (can't remember which but just +/-30degrees) and the lock should slide out.
Euro locks have an offset cam to resist removal without the key and this will bring it in line with the body.
--
fred