CH airlock or something else?

Hi guys,

Having a weird problem with what I believe is an airlock in my CH system. It's a pumped system, and the rads aren't collecting much air (been bled daily for about 3 weeks now) and appears to be working ok, but the flow and return pipes to the boiler appear to be making a noise

like trickling water.

With the boiler output control cranked up, it occasionally blows out the cut-out switch, so I've backed it down to half way successfully, but the trickling noise remains.

When the boiler stops (and the pump cuts out too), I can hear water almost sloshing back to the boiler making me think I have an airlock. It occasionally 'phuts' and pops when it's been running for a while (again, making me think there's air in the heat exchanger).

I've got a drain off c*ck on one of the pipes to the boiler, and when I

drained and refilled the system, it did let out quite a lot of air before running water came out at a constant rate, but there's no drain off on the other pipe (the flow I think). Perhaps trapped air in that part of the system?

The only bleed valves not on the rads are on the pump (no air coming out) and a capillary valve on a high point on the system (again, with negligable air coming out).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Paul

Reply to
paul.stansfield

Check your header tank to see if it has water in it.

Reply to
Stickems.