Ceramic disc Basin Taps

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what I think could be a problem.
I have fitted two of these types of tap to my washbasin, however the cold tap seems extremely noisy when turned on making a terrible rushing sound. It is fed from a 15mm pipe at mains pressure, however I never had this sound with the previous washered type of basin tap. Is it possibly a problem with the tap itself, or down to what sounds like excessive water pressure?
Many thanks for any help.
Regards. Len.