Central Heating Probs

Got a midle aged gravity fed system which has become noisy in the sense of dull bangs in the primary circuit.Is this a sign of boiler demise or overheating or something. Ihave fitted a tank thermostat to cut the boiler out if water gets too hot so unsure what to check next. Any ideas. TIA
Descale it.
| Got a midle aged gravity fed system which has become noisy in the sense of | dull bangs in the primary circuit.Is this a sign of boiler demise or | overheating or something. Ihave fitted a tank thermostat to cut the boiler | out if water gets too hot so unsure what to check next. | Any ideas. | TIA | |
Stickems. wrote:

Ding. We had the same symptoms and a desludger worked miracles.
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard