central heating & hot water thermostat

Hello

This is a question about the hot water. Recently i have noticed that my system is 'coming on' every few minutes or so to heat the water. also the pipes are 'clunking'. Is this normal? or is my system overheating the water? I believe the water thermostat dial is under my gas fire (with back boiler) and is currently set to 2 and a half.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Reply to
Paul Watkins

Paul Saunders

Hi Thanks for the reply The system is about 17 years old.

Reply to
Paul Watkins