Central heating ?

The new house I will be moving into soon has a gas fired back boiler, with a water tank up in the airing cupboard situated in the front bedroom.

I have never owned a house with this type of system in before. Can anyone please direct me to a website which explains the function / operation of these systems. A friend tol me that it will probably have manifolds under the floor...

-- troubleinstore

Reply to
troubleinstore

It is probably a gravity system. This means the pump only runs when you have the rads on. You may only be able to have hot water only, or hot water and ch. It wont let you have ch only.

If it has a 3 way valve near the tank upstairs, it is a more modern system, and therefore ignore the above and it will be fully pumped with both possible.

Fit stats on radiators if it doesn't have any. This will overide the need of the room stat on the wall and it will work more efficiently.

AE

Reply to
Andy

may help you Peter.

Reply to
Peter C

Thanks to Peter and others. The DIY FAQ answers my questions and much much more.

-- troubleinstore

Reply to
troubleinstore

I had a system of this type in Hampshire and had no trouble with it. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

A system that relies only on TRVs is not more efficient. There should be one room with a room stat and no TRV.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth