central heating

just moved into a house with no central heating system - or fire!!
what price should i expect to pay for central heating installation - its a 3 bed mid terrace house with bathroom, kitchen, dining room and lounge
i'm only after a rough estimate
thanks in advance for any advice
"dave" wrote:

3 to 4 thousand, and half as much again if British Gas.

DIY and a strange make of boiler 1200 DIY and top of the range boiler. 1800 Friendly local plumber not wanting a foreign villa, 2000-2500 Normal local plumber, 2500-3000
British Gas 475,678,000
London add 40%
its in Reading so i guess it'l be +40%
thanks

Had a decent quote for Bracknell for a back boiler/fire replcement a few months ago. So you might find a decent plumber there.
Best of luck.
Did you include VAT in this figure? It's not a fair comparison otherwise ;)
--
Adrian

"Consturbata sunt visera mea"
Adrian Chapman wrote:

Snort!
--
Malc
Basking sharks are plotting to extract your thoughts.

(Snip)
Hi all - what is this obsession with CH?
I too have a mid terrace* (4 storeys, 4 bedrooms) and over the years have had estimates for central heating but have now decided it's not worth it.
When we bought the house (mid 70s) CH was not so common and we couldn't afford it anyway, so we installed gas fires in all the front rooms. Hot water comes from a multipoint. Back rooms have eg oil-filled radiators ( one in our bedroom, haven't used it yet all winter).
Basicaly, in cold weather I keep the lower ground floor fire on to maintain a temperature of about 68F in that room. Naturally, the heat funnels up the stairs....
* and, bizarrely, in the same town :)
With the increase in gas prices I'd considered switching to a wood pellet stove for this "main" fire...but they're still a bit dear.