Cat flap in garage door

My wife demands that I install a cat flap in the self closing fire door between the kitchen and the garage. I am adamant that this would defeat regulations that specifies a door of this type be fitted between garage and house, and if we came to sell the house we would have to replace the door. But what do I know I'm just trying to get out of doing it says she.
Can anyone play the part of referee?
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

http://www.fireproof.co.uk/firerange_pages/doorpanel_7.htm
--
Sue

Palindr☻me wrote:

Many thanks for this Sue.
ikell wrote:

OK so they will sell you some intermescent strip but they wont sell an approved cat flap had a quick search through the certfire approved product list and sorry to say no cat flaps listed.

I share your scepticism but to be fair they're not really selling a fire proof catflap, they're selling protection for an opening to which you can fit a cat flap. That said I wouldn't breach a fire door in that sort of location for any purpose, I regard intumescent products as a supplement to proper, tough fire protection and not something to use as the first line.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

Don't do it.
Instead, put a cat flap in the garage door set to 'exit only'. Then put a cat flap in your front/back door. If that is not possible, put a hole through the wall and put the flap on the outside. A friend of mine did this and it workd very well with her two very fat cats.
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/miscellaneous.html#catflap