Car Parking Plastic Grids

Has anyone used these car parking plastic grids? I need something like this alongside the drive, to replace ugly paving slabs, so people can walk to and fro from the car without getting muddy shoes.
http://tinyurl.com/65ad9cp
Bobby

No, but they look f***ing expensive for something that looks that cheap and nasty to me. And you reckon paving slabs look ugly!

The grid is hidden by either grass or coloured stones; paving slabs are not hidden.
Bobby
On 24/01/2011 20:19, Trigger wrote:

As a footpath they are not much good - women's heels fall down the holes, so a bit of a trip hazard, but as a way of driving on grass without ripping it up they are probably good. Not sure how long they will last on soft ground though......
On 24/01/2011 20:25, Chewbacca wrote:

I've seen something similar (but with larger holes) lasting several years in an overflow carpark. As it was always in use when I went I think it was probably in use most weekends.
Andy
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:28:54 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Grasscrete is often used in such circumstances. Basically concrete with holes in that are filled with soil/seed mix and the grass grows to cover the concrete.
--
David

maybe look at try Selfblind crushed lImestone down to dust, it's new product and they reckon it can be used as driveways when compacted and wet rolled. You could probably do it DIY.
On 25/01/2011 11:49, AJH wrote:

I wouldn't have thought this was a very new product. I used to buy stuff like this called hoggin for making farm tracks and stuff. It6's very good, but I wouldn't have thought very attractive. Just functional.
Rob
On 23/01/2011 18:22, Bobby Bewl wrote:

Paving slabs only look ugly if they are used without imagination. How about getting some 'proper' slabs i.e. not concrete ones, of vaying sizes and lay them haphazardly along the desired route? They can look very attractive. Mind you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Rob Graham

Thanks for your comments, which has made me think again. I might try a pattern of paving slabs or coloured ones