Cannon cooker no ignition spark

I've got a Cannon Stratford cooker that is about 2 1/2 years old.
I get no spark to ignite the gas, either on the hob or in the grill or in the main oven, even though I've tried two different new batteries that work elsewhere.
With my electronics half-knowledge I thought I'd wait a bit, maybe some capacitors need to charge up for a bit or so, but days later the ignition button still feels dead, when I press it there isn't that normal click that indicates that a spark is being generated.
I am on a budget and would like to avoid calling an engineer out. Is there anything modular inside the cooker that I may be able to exchange myself? I used to exchange cooker rings on electronic ovens etc. so if there was anything I could do at that level of difficulty it's be great.

Should have said, the gas supply is OK, I have been able to light all rings, the grill and the oven manually.
When I had a problem with my Cannon cooker (they wanted to charge me 70 to change a bulb) I wrote to the MD and he sent me the bulb and detailed instruction for changing it free of charge.
| > I've got a Cannon Stratford cooker that is about 2 1/2 years old. | > | > I get no spark to ignite the gas, either on the hob or in the grill or in | > the main oven, even though I've tried two different new batteries that | > work elsewhere. | > | > SNIP | | Should have said, the gas supply is OK, I have been able to light all rings, | the grill and the oven manually. | | T | |