Can't remove Bosch oven lamp cover

I've got a Bosch oven and the oven lamp needs replacing. The problem is that I cannot unscrew the threaded glass lamp cover which is set in the top of the oven. As I try to unscrew it anti-clockwise the fitting into which it screws also rotates. It seems to me I need to be able to grasp the fitting from above while unscrewing the glass cover but there is a ceramic hob above it!

Will it be necessary to remove the hob to gain access and how is this done?

TIA Terry

Reply to
Terry_P

I've had to do this in the past. I found the bulb had exploded, and the blast had blown the cover cross-threaded, and there was no way I would have unscrewed it in-place.

When reassembling, a good tip is not to do the glass up tight, indeed, providing there's no risk of it dropping out, don't do it right up at all, as that gives you two directions to turn it next time you want to free it.

If you disconnect it from the wiring when taking it apart, make sure you reconnect with the live on the base and not on the screw thread in the lampholder.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel