Cable through external wall

If I drill an hole through my external cavity wall, to run a cable (telephone, TV aerial etc) - how should I seal it round the cable at each side of the wall? Are there grommets I can purchase or should I use silicon sealant or...........?
Steve.

Ideally make the hole go slightly downward towards the outer wall and when you feed the cable into the hole from the outside make a small loop downwards to ensure that if there is any water ingress that gravity takes it away from the inner wall and the cable does not act as a drip collection point. Also use silicon sealant around the cable as it enters the outer wall. No need for it to be silicon sealed from the inner wall.
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:24:00 +0000 (UTC), "SteBar"

You can buy special grommets if you wish..
However, make sure you fit the cable with a "drip loop" on the outside and seal with silicone sealant and you'll have no problems.
sponix