Cable through external wall

If I drill an hole through my external cavity wall, to run a cable (telephone, TV aerial etc) - how should I seal it round the cable at each side of the wall? Are there grommets I can purchase or should I use silicon sealant or...........?

Steve.

Reply to
SteBar

TonyB

Ideally make the hole go slightly downward towards the outer wall and when you feed the cable into the hole from the outside make a small loop downwards to ensure that if there is any water ingress that gravity takes it away from the inner wall and the cable does not act as a drip collection point. Also use silicon sealant around the cable as it enters the outer wall. No need for it to be silicon sealed from the inner wall.

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

You can buy special grommets if you wish..

However, make sure you fit the cable with a "drip loop" on the outside and seal with silicone sealant and you'll have no problems.

sponix

Reply to
sponix