Cable detectors for BRICK?

Hi

I am going to do drilling, hammering nails etc. into the brickwork of my house's interior walls. I need a cable detector but none of the ones I have seen detect pipes/cables in BRICK. The majority say that they only detect items behind plasterboard. Is this normal and if not, is there one that people could recommend?

I originally bought the Stanley intellisensor Pro but that was one of the ones that stated that it could not cope with brickwork.

Thanks Tony

Reply to
Tony

I've got a device that must be at least 20 years old which doesn't have any problems in detecting mains cable and pipework chased into plaster and brick, so can't imagine that newer detectors wouldn't be a lot more sensitive and up to the job.

Reply to
Rick

I'm confused about how pipes or cables can be in brick unless done during the firing process, which isn't going to do the cable much good. ;-) Cables or pipes can be behind bricks, which could be a bit deep for a detector, or sunk into bricks, and then probably covered with mortar or plaster, so in that case they should be detectable.

Reply to
Harry Stottle